Monday, November 7, 2011

Session Reflection

Our class sessions proved once again to be valuable. I enjoyed the communication activities on Friday night. We are all aware that communication is a key to effective leadership, but this is one of the only times we have been explicitly shown how to improve in this area. I will continue to practice listening without responding.

While I am not an administrator at this time, I appreciated the insight we got from Dr. Terry Bradley about the budget and funding for K-12 education. The factors concerning our budget may seem out of our control at times, but we are still responsible for providing a quality education. This class session opened my eyes to the complexities of school finance.

3 comments:

  1. Not only did it open our eyes to the complexities but the legal issues involved were something to be VERY aware of!!! I also enjoyed the listening activity. It allowed us to see how much talking that we may participate in and maybe not enough listening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs. Kellom! You're right, communication is key to being an effective leader. We can probably use the activities from class also with our own kids and/or at staff meetings. I think we can all work harder on being good listeners...I know I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how much is out there that we still need to learn when comes to school finance. It was very informative and a bit overwhelming at the same time.

    ReplyDelete