Monday, October 24, 2011

Session Reflection

It seemed as though the presentations on educational law couldn’t have come at a better time. I am teaching 6th grade for the first time this year, and that has seemed to open up a whole new can of worms for me. Just last week one of my students was the victim of cyber bullying via Facebook. I had no idea this type of harassment was reaching such a young age. The information presented by Roberta Rowe left me feeling more prepared to deal with these actions and consequences in the future.

On Saturday, Dr. Hauser provided me with additional new insight on holding meetings. I think that as the school year wears on, and the meetings become routine, it can be easy to become laxed in planning and execution. Her strategies and set of procedures are practical and useful. I plan to use her agenda template in the future and abide by the rule that the time spent planning should be more than the meeting itself.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the planning of a meeting should have more time spent on the planning than the meeting itself. The strategies that she presented to us oh how to run a meeting were very practical and helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gained so much knowledge in those two days. I too plan to use the template for meetings.

    ReplyDelete